Why is it that the short work weeks always feel so long? It is finally Friday! YAY! We have been having some wild weather here in Chicago. Hit record rain for the month of May and been a bit on the chilly side. However, they are forecasting a beautiful day today so if you get a chance get outside today enjoy as much of it as possible.
Here’s a look at what’s going on around Chicago this weekend.
- Chicago Ale Fest http://www.chicagoalefest.com/home
- Located at Butler Field in Grant Park – great location right down by the lakefront
- Over 200 craft beers, live music and food trucks (who doesn’t love sampling from the food trucks)
- 34th Annual Gospel Music Festival https://do312.com/events/2019/5/31/34th-annual-gospel-music-festival
- Located at Millennium Park and if you haven’t had a chance to see the Chicago Bean here is your opportunity
- Free event that will host both local and national artists
- Runs both Friday and Saturday this weekend with Kids activities and vendors on Saturday
- Mayfest Chicago (Maifest) http://www.mayfestchicago.com/
- Located at Lincoln and LeLand in Chicago
- Runs from Thursday until Sunday this weekend May 30th to June 2nd
- Maifest in German is the celebration of Spring – this is celebrated around the world and is starting to get as popular as Octoberfest.
- Live music, drinks and food
- 2019 Wine Fest on the Beach https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-wine-fest-on-the-beach-chicago-wine-tasting-fest-at-north-ave-531-tickets-56410421088
- Located at North Avenue Beach (awesome beach – I grew up going to this beach and quite a few more!
- Friday, May 31st from 6-9pm
- Cost is $50 and includes 3 hours of wine tasting on the beach. What a beautiful setting to enjoy some wine!
- Chicago White Sox are hosting the Indians all weekend
- Chicago Breeze (women’s basketball) kicks off their season at Wintrust Arena on Saturday at 2:30pm
Kane County Flea Market http://www.kanecountyfleamarket.com/
If you are willing to travel a little ways outside of Chicago I highly recommend visiting the Kane County Flea Market. This is quite a large flea market that carries so many things. I love spending a day roaming through all the vendors. They have both indoor and outdoor vendors. So many things to offer. There is custom made furniture and jewelry. Clothes and food. Also vintage dishes and pots! I absolutely love this flea market. This is held the 1st weekend of every month throughout the year.
Those are the highlights of what i have seen for this weekend here in Chicago. As always i would love to hear from anyone who has some fun areas in Chicago that i have not talked about and would be interested in researching and talking about in a future blog.
Again whatever you have planned for this weekend I hope you have time to enjoy any good weather we get doing whatever makes you happy!!