It’s Mother’s day weekend and the weather here in Chicago is slowly (and by slowly I mean slowwwwly…..) getting nicer. There are lots of thing to do here this weekend whether you are out celebrating Mother’s day or if you’re just looking for something to do.
- First up, there are big games going on over at Wrigley field. The Chicago Cubs are hosting the Milwaukee Brewers – always a fun and electric atmosphere when they are playing a division rival! Game times are Friday, May 10th, 1:20pm, Saturday, May 11th, 1:20 pm and Sunday, May 12th, 6:08pm (Sunday Game of the Week). https://www.mlb.com/cubs
- The Lincoln Park Zoo Food Truck Social is this Saturday, May 11th. There are almost 30 food trucks, drinks and entertainment all while enjoying a beautiful evening by the lake. Unfortunately, this event is already sold out but there is a waiting list you can get on in hopes of getting a ticket. https://www.lpzoo.org/food-truck-social-presented-metro-t-mobile
- BTS (Bangtan Boys) a 7 member South Korean boy band is playing at Soldier Field at 7:30 Saturday night. You can purchase tickets through Ticketmaster. Who doesn’t enjoy some new teen idols!
- The Shedd Aquarium has The Shedd Family Festival on Sunday, May 12th from 10-noon. This is scheduled on just a few special occasions throughout the year. Activities are designed for families with chidren ages 5-12 https://www.sheddaquarium.org/Learning-Experiences/Families–Adults/spring-and-summer-programs/Family-Festivals/
- The Garfield Park Conservatory has a special event (Under Glass Festival) on Friday, May 10th from 6pm to 9:30pm. The cost is $60 a person. Included in the price 100 Brewers, 1 glass and 12 pours. This kicks off the beginning of Craft Brew Weekhttps://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/events/beer-under-glass-garfield-conservatory
- If you like to go shopping and find some good deals there is the Renegade Craft Fair. https://www.renegadecraft.com/fair/chicago-spring Enjoy almost 200 makers and designers while sampling some food from the food trucks participating in the fair. This is being held in Pilsen on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Pilsen is such a hot trendy neighborhood right now, so it is definitely the place to be.
Sunday is mother’s day and there will be lots of Brunches all over the city and suburbs. Plan ahead and make reservations if possible. Enjoy your mother’s day no matter what you will be doing. I will be in my yard enjoying the fresh air planting my flowers for the season.